Virechna (controlled purgation )
The process by which increased doshas situated in the intestines [pakvashaya] are eliminated through the anus is called as Virechana.
It is the main treatment on increased Pitta dosha and is recommended in Sharad rutu due to its natural increase in the specified season. Though this may be the case it can be performed in any season depending on the severity of the disease.
Evacuation of the fecal matter and other accumulation of dosha in the lower gastrointestinal tract through anal route are known as virechan karma.
To whom Virechana should be given ?
|Pigmented spots on face||Vyanga|
|Chronic fever||Jeerna jwara|
|Urinary problems including diabets||Prameha|
|Diseases of spleen||Pleeha roga|
|Obstruction in urination||Mutraghata|
|Abdominal enlargement including Ascites||Udar|
|Deformities of sperms|
|Deformities of mother’s milk|
|Pitta predominant diseases|
|Before conception to have a healthy child.|
How to Give ?
The whole procedure of virechana karma includes preparation of the client initially with snehana and swedana for certain period,followed by oral medication for purgation.After the purgation the client is then subjected to sansarjana karma as follow up procedure.
Benefits of Virechan karma
- It is very useful to irradicate pitta and rakta doshaja diseases.
- It is useful to reduce fat and bulk of body.
- Useful in joint and marrow diseases.
- Useful in disorders of mother’s milk, and seminal fluid as well as ovum and its disorders.
- It strengthens muscle and body.
- Increases intelligency
- Benificial for colour complexion
- Increases life span
- Promotes agni ( apetite / pachan shakti )
- It is useful for genetic disorders and healthy progeny.